Project 16:49, a non-profit organization serving Rock County’s unaccompanied homeless youth, is seeking applicants for part-time Youth Assistants at its transitional living program (TLP) homes in Janesville (serving males) and Beloit (serving females).
Youth Assistants contribute to a positive, stable living environment, ensure the safety of residents, and ensure house expectations and program policies are upheld. Under the direction of the Case Manager, Youth Assistants support residents in developing important independent living skills and attaining their individual goals.
Duties and responsibilities will vary by shift, and may include:
- Assist with / supervise group activities
- Provide 1-on-1 mentoring and assistance with school work, job searches and applications, life skills development, making positive/healthy choices, developing coping skills, problem solving, conflict resolution, etc.
- Assist residents with planning and preparation of meals/group meals
- Provide transportation to grocery store, medical care
- Assist with general household operations and housekeeping
- Maintain accurate documentation
- Special projects and other tasks to support the program/organization
Click to view/download the full position description (PDF)
Day, evening, overnight (awake), and weekend shifts are available. Starting wage is $10/hour.
Applicants must have strong interpersonal communication skills and be comfortable working with at-risk youth; willingness to be a role model; high level of patience; good judgement; and the ability to maintain professional boundaries with residents while building trust and respect.
Must be over 18 to be considered. A background check is required.
To apply, please email a brief cover letter indicating your schedule availability along with your resume and three references, or send via U.S. Mail to:
2911 Carrousel Lane
Janesville WI 53545
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.